MY TOP TEA TREE FROM THE BODY SHOP

10 Oct 2014



Tea Tree is so far my favourite line of The Body Shop. I love it because not only it works so effectively on blemish skin (by blemish skin I mean mine) but also feels and smells so summery and refreshing to me. However, like in many other ranges, some of the products are meh while some others are amazing. And today I want to share with you my most favourites among all The Body Shop Tea Tree skin care products.

Let's start off with The Body Shop Tea Tree Body Wash (gosh! I feel like I will have to type "The Body Shop Tea Tree thousand times just in this post).

This claims to be a soap-free, refreshing shower gel that give you clearer-looking skin. It claims so little and yet it does so much more. This body wash is so amazing. It help me get rid of all the stuborn blemishes on my upper back and moreover, it removes make-up. Yes, you read me correctly, I use it as a cleanser on my face as well. I did not come up with this idea myself. Jess D'arcy, aka Super Beauty Nerd, one of my favourite British YouTuber, has once mentioned this product in her video as a facial cleanser. She said it isn't really different from The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash and I am so agree with her. They both have the same green sheer gel texture and they both break down the make up. Just like many other nature/organic beauty products, this body/face wash does not last very long. As a body wash, a little doesn't go a long way, but it is pretty reasonable as a facial clean.

Sheer green gel
Next is a very popular product from this range, The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask. This has been mine and so many people's favourite mask from The Body Shop.


Being reformulated from The Body Shop Tea Tree clay mask, the new formulation is neither drying nor turning into clay. You don't leave it dry but rinse the mask off while it is still damp on you face. The mask leaves me with very smooth skin and closed pores, but it's the whole experiences of using it what I really love about this product. First of all, the light green yet thick creamy texture of this mask is so appealing to me. It makes me wanna dig my fingers into the mask every time I open the pot. Because it's so thick, a little goes a long long way. I finished my pot after 6 months and I have been using it once every week. Secondly, I love the pleasant sting feel it leaves on my skin. Not until after 1 or 2 minutes of applying, you would feel the stinging effect activating and it's last for about another minute before gradually cooling down. I always feel so relaxed and refresh after the mask time. Some said about how it improves prone skin and how it dries out the acnes, those things did not happened to me but I still very satisfied with this product.

Top The Body Shop Tea Tree products
Thick and creamy green mask
Last but not least is my life saver from prone acne skin, The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil.
Oil without being oily, that is the tea tree oil. Containing only 15% of tea tree oil, this is might not the safest choice in the market since it also has mint and many other ingredients in it, which might cause irritation for very sensitive skin. However, this works so well on me. It doesn't create redness or itchiness on my forehead (my most problematic area). My pimples usually dried out and dissapear after 2 night of using. It is way more effective than Blemish Gel in the same range.


Unlike almost all the other Tea Tree products from The Body Shop, the oil doesn't have the light green sheer but it just a totally transparent runny oil which feel as light as water. It does sting if your pimples are wounded but otherwise, it should feel very soothing on the skin. For some of you who find it's hard to get the product out of the bottle, it's for the safety reasons and I totally don't mind that. What you have to do is just gentlely shaking it up side down in the up-and-down motion. It should come out easily.


No comments :

Post a Comment