REVIEW: LORD & BERRY

30 Jul 2014


voivoivoi blog lord&berry review
Lord & Berry Magic Brow (buy here), Lord & Berry lipstick pencil (buy here)

I've had my eyes on Lord & Berry cosmetic for a long time and not until this summer I got a chance to try out two of its product as there was the brand's promotion on Look Fantastic (you get one Lord & Berry cosmetic makeup bag when you buy any 2 of its products). In my mind, Lord & Berry is a brand that stands somewhere in middle of high end and drugstore cosmetic. Therefore I did set quite an expectation for these goodies.

Lord & Berry Magic Brow Pencil in Wonderful

voivoivoi blog lord berry magic brow wonderful review

Let's just skip what they claim and jump right into my take: This eyebrow pencil has two ends, one is the brush and the other is its tip. The brush is just wonderful, the bristles are small and soft enough to blend the product but still hard enough to comb and shape your brow hairs.

voivoivoi blog lord berry magic brow wonderful review

The tip consist three different colors: white, dark brown and muddy yellow. The idea of this combination is to create the most nature color and the closest shade to your eyebrow. And I think it did the work very well.
 
voivoivoi blog lord berry magic brow wonderful review

They have 2 another shades and mine is the darkest. I have black hair but I don't want my brows to has exactly the same shade as my hair's because it makes me look really matured. I would like to have dark but slightly brown eyebrow. This pencil gives me just what I want. However, because of its creaminess, the pencil does not last very long. What I have to do is to put a layer of brow powder on top of it and my brows should stay up to 6 hours. I got this for 12.9 EUR and I think it's a reasonable price for a good quality eyebrow pencil. I can see myself sticking to this pencil for a long time.

Lord & Berry Lipstick Pencil in Diva

I have a love hate feeling for this one. The lipstick is very very creamy and as a result, it does not stay on your lip for very long time. In fact, if you are like me, who were looking for bold strong lips, this is not for you because as you applying a thick layer of this lipstick, the product just slide on your lips and surely it will smudge "vigorously". And despite having such a creamy texture, this lipstick does not feel moisturized at all. So always balm your lips first.

voivoivoi blog lord berry magic lipstick pencil diva review
It looks darker in real life
However, this stuff is amazing if you want "Korean style" lips. Apply a tiny bit of this in the center of your lips and then use your fingers to blend out the edges. It appears quite nice and nature, like when you have just eaten some blueberries. I also use the products left on my finger to put on my cheeks as a blush. And it looks pretty nice.

It has a deep plum color which might require me some guts to wear but since it is designed for very thin layer of wearing, I believe, Lord & Berry Diva is absolutely wearable and lovely.

voivoivoi blog lord berry magic lipstick pencil diva review
Both on my face
The price is pretty high for such a "grumpy" lipstick, 10.32 EUR. It is not that moisturizing, requires too much effort for applying and does not have good staying power. I am not gonna buy this again.

No comments :

Post a Comment